I really thought this crazy, mad-cap, feel-good film had been seen by a lot more people than me. But maybe I'm the only one who saw it, because I thought teenage pregnancy was supposed to be FUN!!
I also thought that the end of the movie showed that a successful professional woman could adopt a baby and be a single mom while still being successful even without a low-life husband to help her out. Oh and I remember hearing one time that it should be ok for 14 year olds to get birth control and abortions without a parents permission because they were old enough to make their own decisions.
Hmmmmm...
But now we are led to believe that Sarah Palin is to blame for her "Juneau Juno's" pregnancy because she doesn't stay home with her children and she shouldn't be running for office so she can spend more time with her family and her special needs child who statistics show most people would have aborted anyway.
Hmmmmm...
The more I think about it the more I believe that John McCain isn't a senile old fool who doesn't know what he's doing, but he is very shrewed and calculating in his decisions.
Some will say he didn't know about the pregnancy, but there is no way he didn't. And whether intentional or unintentional I think the genius of this pick is not that she is the most conservative candidate on a presidential ticket since Reagan, or that she took down the Republican leader in Alaska on ethics after she was put in a position of power to try and get her to conform to the party and having a person like that who will hold McCain's feet to the fire is the only thing that will bring the real conservatives in to support the semi-liberal presidential candidate, but it is that the hypocrisy of the Democratic/Progressive party is now exposed on such a grand scale that you have to be an idiot not to see it. The best part is no one had to point it out (even though that is what I'm doing in this post).
Biden said she was hot, and the media is criticizing her for just being a pretty face and then showing pictures of her calfs. (sexist!) Now it's not our fault that they haven't had any good looking calfs in their party, and I would bet my life that Palin would never stay with an adulterer just to keep power. I would also like to know how Hilary became the champine for women's lib and Sandra Day O'Conner gets ridiculed, or how they are all for a black man becoming powerful but yet they HATE Clarence Thomas.
Hmmmmm....
Obama said she was inexperienced. (We all know experience is his greatest trait.) She is the only one on either ticket that has executive experience. In other words she is the only one who's been in charge of anything. And the best part is when she says she will cut excess government spending you know she will because on the first day of the job she put the old governor's private jet up for sale on Ebay. She accomplished more to cut government spending in one day then the other 3 senators combined in all their years in the senate.
Hmmmmm....
So needless to say I am all aboard on the McCain Train, and I still struggle with some of his policies and I will do my best to make sure those are fought against if he ever tries to put them in place, but he does have one of the most important qualifications a president needs and he proved it this weekend.
He sure knows how to pick GREAT people to put around him.

4 comments:
But Kayce...Obama ran a campaign for 18 months. That makes him more qualified. Yeah, he seriously said that today.
This whole thing makes me so mad. I can't even talk about it. The liberal media is RIDICULOUS!! They make up a lie about Palin being a member of the AIP, but yet continue to ignore Obama's ties to Rezko, Ayers, Wright, Biden's lobbyist son, etc., etc.
I can't handle it. I am too mad today. If Americans are stupid enough to elect Obama, then we deserve what we get.
You Harris' love your politics! And I love to read your blogs!!! :)
You crack me up!
Points well taken, Kace. I am pretty excited about Palin being on the ticket, though I don't know nearly as much about her as you. It is a very strategic and smart move by McCain and at least it makes things interesting. Ryan is an Independent and didn't believe in voting, and after hearing about her he said that he would vote Republican - and actually vote, so that is saying something.
Post a Comment