Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Art?

I wasn't sure if this should go on the political blog or not, but it's interesting politically or not.

I watched this video and at first it looks like the rantings of a crazy old man, but if you read numbers 22 and 23 from the 1963 Communist Goals entered into the congressional record then it's actually pretty easy to agree with him. (And no I am not a conspiracy theorist, I just find this stuff interesting and I like making these kind of connections. This can also be found in W. Cleon Skousen's book, "The Naked Communist.")

"22) Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to 'eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings,' substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms.

23) Control art critics and directors of art museums. 'Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.'"

Not to mention the fact that most of this crap is such a waste of money. (I kind of like the bears downtown, and the Moose statues in Park City.)

No comments:

 

internet tracking stats
Denver Matchmaking