Monday, September 29, 2008

What Really Matters

I had a great weekend. I got to play the organ at the temple on Friday, spent some time talking with my dad, played racquetball and tennis on Saturday, went to the General Relief Society broadcast Saturday night (with pie after), had a great fast Sunday today, didn't watch the Broncos, and I really accomplished a lot for my callings and some other stuff I've been worried about. I even came to peace for the most part with what congress is trying to shove down our throats. Well, I at least feel like I can handle whatever happens as a result of their incompetence.

Well, it really was a great weekend that made me feel so happy that I haven't even felt hungry since Thursday. (Don't worry I ate. See PIE in the previous paragraph.)

I think part of this is because I didn't have a laptop most of the weekend. I took it over to my dad to look at on Thursday because of what I thought was a little problem with it and I left it with him overnight because i didn't think I would need it. Well the problem wasn't major, but it wasn't so little. So after several hours on the phone with microsoft (I'm still a PC) my dad was able to get a lot of the errors worked out when I picked it back up Sat, but by then I was reading a book that I couldn't put down (Book of Lies and I finished in 3 days) and so I didn't really care to hop on the internet. (BTW Thanks Dad for helping me out!!!)

So, I finally got on tonight and started looking at my reader. I might be done with this now, because after having such a peaceful weekend I became stressed again as 280 items of worldly crap came flooding into my browser. I won't even mention my horrible fantasy football team. Well, I finally cleaned out my reader and dropped all my wide receivers, and I'm glad I left the updates from the church websites for last because the feeling that came over me after reading all the garbage was a huge contrast to what I have been feeling all weekend. It wasn't bad stuff in the reader, but it wasn't important. I guess I need to remember this contrast when I start to get caught up in all the noise that's going on around me.

I'm so glad I was able to have the gospel in my life this weekend, because not only did I just feel better, but I felt braver, more organized, more creative, and better prepared. So I'm going to try and be better about putting the more important things first and cut a lot of the garbage out, but I had to make sure I put some Jazz "fans" in their place which I think is ok to put in my "not so important but definitely necessary" column.

"Be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours." -D&C 78:18

4 comments:

k.young said...

Such a great post! And an awesome reminder for me. Thanks.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

You have a cool blog, it caught my attention because of the "rush babies" site, which I visited, and how you said you played the Organ (I also play organ/piano) and you're a basketball fan. I live for basketball, both playing and watching. Anyway, we've never met unless you go to BYU and we somehow ran into each other when I was there a couple of years ago. I'm a friend of Emily Hill (now Ames) from when we were younger and I saw your blog as a link on hers and it had a cool title, so I clicked on it. Anyway, you can check out my blog if you like. You seem like a cool person with a bunch of great interests that you follow.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

hi again :) actually, yes, the Utah Hepworths are on my husband's side. he has tons of cousins, so I can hardly keep track!
back to basketball...my husband went to a jazz game and rooted for the spurs or some other Texas team and they were treated so poorly by the Jazz fans he was stunned.
Who is your Hepworth friend who's getting married?

♥ kaliente ♥ said...

i don't have your n64 anymore

 

internet tracking stats
Denver Matchmaking