So the HSM3 video has sparked a little back and forth via the Nugg Doctor and the True Blue Jazz Hands.
First of all their response is pretty weak. I'm pretty sure it was a Nuggets fan who coined the term Thuggets, and who doesn't love Birdman?! At least our guys can dance. Can anyone say Ostertag? And I would much rather have my Thuggets than this guy.
Or this guy.
So now I'm not sure if I have posted this before, but if this just shows how inadequate even the Jazz organziation feels when compared to Denver.
I swear to you this isn't photoshopped (I'm not that good at it) and it was originally posted on the team store website, but I was able to get the screen shot of it a little while later.I know it's a little hard to see, but who's skyline is that? It's not the Salt Lake skyline. That's right they stole the Denver skyline for their website. (Notice the Wells Fargo building and the Elitches tower.) Their skyline isn't good enough and as much as they want to be their superior neighbor to the east they fail in every way. Especially in being a fan.
Only in Utah will you go to a game where 2 fans of the opposing team cheer louder than the entire arena. It's the only place where you will be taunted for cheering for the Nuggets by a guy completely decked out in Denver Broncos gear.
And my favorite instance of bad fanship was after Kleiza dropped 40 points on the Jazz last February everyone in Salt Lake called the sports radio shows and said that the Western Conference appearance the previous year was a fluke.
So enjoy your pseudo-success now Jazz fans because no matter what happens with the Nuggets you will always be an inferior sports city with inferior fans, inferior mountains and inferior skyscrapers.

5 comments:
I know youre dying for some sort of attention. By the sheer number of comments swamping in, I'm sure you're getting your point across.
I'll get my point:
- 3-1 last year vs Denver.
- Top of division
- More average points per game (and we don't even have a superstar!, much less two!)
- Wins in the post season
- Players that don't GIVE UP! lol
- Stars that win vs. Superstars that are EPIC FAILS
Luckily as an accountant I know how to rely on historical record, instead of picking on some poor 6-man like Linas Kleiza. Resorting to picking on a poor 6-man. So poor. :/ I'll just shake my head. *shakes head*
Kacey
Feel free to visit True Blue Jazz anytime. We love to have Denver fans come on our site because they usually make us look really really good.
I have a few things to say about your Denver>SLC post as well.
Nice site. Too bad you aren't a big enough fan to dedicate it to your Thuggets.
CB
Blogsmith please. You're from Omaha, and you only cheer for the Jazz to piss me off. Besides if it was only numbers that mattered no one would cheer for the Huskers or the Chiefs anymore. Maybe it's your inability to emotionally connect to anything that makes you an unmarried accountant. Any good sports fan knows it's always more about the team than the players.
Oh and it was that poor 6 man that caused the entire state of Utah to disown the Jazz.
Let me get one thing clear I don't cheer for the Nuggets because of the players and because they win. If that were the case I wouldn't know who Brian Stith was. I don't defend these players in fact some days I would rather have only 13 wins a year then deal with this trash. But I cheer for the team because it actually represents my state that I am proud to call home.
For the response to C.B. Jack's comment see his blog. Although spell my name right. I take pride in my name because names mean everything.
(hi again, found you through Emily's blog)
Cheer for whoever you want, no matter where you live! I was born in LA and for that reason am a die hard Lakers fan. I will attest Jazz fans tend to be ruder than most fans around. Be careful if you ever go to a jazz game wearing a jersey for the opposing team!
The Nuggets had some good games last year, by the way :)
~kristine
Post a Comment