Maybe I'm the only one who's really into this stuff, but Peter Boyle had a man on his show this morning who verbally attacked Michelle Malkin (conservative blogger) and nearly started a riot. He was saying that it was her fault and her "bodyguards" (fellow bloggers helping her out) where trying to keep him from speaking.
This guy is a 9/11 "truther" and when asked to describe her not only did he say she had see-through skin, and blue veins, and looked like the star wars princess about to cast a spell on him, he also called her a neo-con. First of all, I don't take people seriously who use demonizing adjectives to describe people. It immediately shows me that they have an agenda and that they don't really care about discussing the real issues we need to talk about to make the country better.
The other thing he called is something that you can also use to completely discredit someone in an argument like this. He called her a neo-con. If you aren't familiar with the correct use of the term because it's been distorted and it's being used as a derogatory to describe a super right wing conservative, it actually means a liberal who became a conservative and is actually still somewhat liberal in their views.
So anytime I hear someone use this now I know they haven't done their homework and they probably aren't too interested in having a discussion, but they are just interested in bashing other people. See for yourself.
These are the people interested in "peace." I may have to recant my statement yesterday. I kind of want to go hang out with Michelle Malkin.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A Little Lesson in Vocab
Posted by Kayce Around 8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment