
Greetings from 5,280 feet!!!! And yes, my blog is purple. (For those of you keeping track at home my blog has been pink and purple all within a few months. )
Well, again we have a special occasion! The Colorado Rockies have won a post season series in decisive fashion. This is the first time I have ever seen Denver more excited about the Rockies than the Broncos, but it is well deserved!
I had the amazing fortune of being able to be at Coors Field for game 3 of the NLDS game, and it has to be one of my top 10 if not top 5 sports moments in the greatest sports town in America, (according to me and Carmelo Anthony), and now 4 out of the 5 include partying in the street with complete strangers downtown in the middle of the night. I LOVE DENVER!!!It has been nearly 15 years since I've really enjoyed baseball this much, and this may have been my pivot point for being a fan of America's Pastime again. You could feel the collective anticipation of each pitch just as much as you could feel the wind coming of the much taller Rockies to the west. The pitching, hitting, fielding, and strategy was as good as baseball gets for this game, but since there were a few people in my group that weren't there for the baseball (I'm not going to sporting events with my mom, I mean these unnamed people, ever again,) I've
decided to rank my top ten moments of the night that aren't really related to baseball.
By the way, looking at this picture it's clear my dad was there for the baseball even though he was a little cold. It's almost as if he was going for the Steve Bartman look who is #1 on my list for the people I feel bad for.
Here are my top ten moments of the night.
#10 David, Max, and my dad getting free soft drinks for signing up to be designated drivers. We took the light rail down there.
#9 The sign for Troy Tulowitski that said "Tulo - Git - 2 - Quit - Ski"
#8 The blackout. They say computer malfunction, I say it was because nobody, not even the power company, expected the Rockies to be playing in October.
#7 During the blackout my mom said, "You don't think it's terrorists do you?"
#6 My mom couldn't believe that cotton candy was being sold in buckets and she thinks it's only supposed to be on a stick, and then my uncle shouted, "The Terrorists Have Won!"
#5 The first pitch was thrown out by the two sons of Mike Coolbaugh, the first-base coach of the Rockies' Double-A affiliate,who was killed by a line drive earlier this year. The Rockies are also giving his family a full playoff share. Here's the story.
#4 Giving high fives to everyone along Blake Street in low-do, and enjoying the moment with my favorite city.
#3 Shouting, "Sweep, Sweep, Sweep!" to one of the guys mopping up in one of the concession stands, and him shouting it back, but I'm not sure he caught the irony.
#2 Seeing Mayor John Hickenlooper and Former Governor Bill Owens cheering with everyone in the street, and then watching as someone picked up Governor Owens in a big bear hug, and lifted him up of the ground and shook him several times. (Only in Denver!)
and the #1 non-baseball moment of the night is....
#1 ROCKIES WIN!!!!! I know it's technically a baseball moment, but my mom loved that part and she thinks baseball is boring.
I still can't believe it, but it's real and now we're only 4 wins away from the World Series!!!

4 comments:
Okay, so i think that must have been you who left me a message... Now that I see you were in Denver, did you?
I am so jealous, I too have really been enjoying baseball again, it has been a long time! I am way jealous you got to go though, I hear it was so awesome! I am sorry I missed you this trip! Next time for sure!
AWESOME! JUST AWESOME!
Oh I love that picture of Laney! And that pictures of Dad is PRICELESS!!!!
Let's be honest. Cotton Candy in a bucket, A woman running for president, The Hills on MTV canceled?
It's clear the Terrorist have won.
Redacted. The hills wasn't canceled. Laguna Beach was. Still due to Muslim Extremists
Post a Comment