
Wow...Best weekend EVER! I figured out what I want to be when I grow up...RETIRED!I spent this past weekend in Sun Lakes, Arizona, a retirement community. I went down with my boyfriend, Erik, to visit his parents (who live in the retirement community) and his brother and his family. I had the best time with them, and realized how fun it would be to be retired. Other than the being old part, it would be fantastic! You can sit around and play games all day, pick some fruit, head on over to the pool, then take a walk around the lake after dinner at 4. It's pretty much like being in a singles ward and no one has to go to school or have a job, and you don't have to worry about dating.
You get to listen to super relaxing music such as, Robert Goulet singing, "My Heart Will Go On" and not to mention a saxophone-heavy, instrumental version of Lionel Ritche's "Hello." Great stuff! I hope they still have stuff like that when I am old. I can see it. 50 years from now I'm going to be sitting somewhere putting a puzzle together while listening to the jazz band remix of "Hit Me Baby One More Time." What a great day that will be!
I will say as fun as retirement sounds, I guess you earn it after working for 40-50 years and raising however many kids. So I guess I will have to pay my dues, and make sure my 401K is in order. I wouldn't want to go to Arizona though, it's too hot. Maybe Del Boca
Vista would be a great spot, but at least Arizona is a dry heat.
I wish I had pictures from my trip. I have a few on my camera but they came up a little fuzzy. So as soon as I have a few from Erik's camera and his mom's camera I'll scan them and post them. I'm sure you're all looking forward to some great pictures.
Monday, April 10, 2006
My Weekend Trip to 67 years old
Posted by Kayce Around 11:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can I retire at Del Boca Vista with you? Ha Ha. Kayce, you are the funniest and I love you!!
Post a Comment