Well the Nugg Doctor made a request, and I was going to just comment on his blog, but I figured I'd better follow through with my promise so I'm going to post it here as well. Here are my thoughts on the Nuggets right now.
. I'm trying to avoid making any comments about the Nuggets cause I'm a little sick about the last 2 weeks. I'm not going to lie I physically couldn't watch the second half of the game on Fri, and I nervous anyway going into halftime. Mostly because I thought the refs were terrible, and kept killing our momentum, and totally turned that game. I hate complaining about the refs and other variables like that, but I have heard several non-denver commentators talk about this problem that seems to happen frequently in Salt Lake. The most boring games I've watched have been in Utah because it feels like every other trip up and down the floor results in free throws.
And either flopping and elbow throwing is taught by Jerry Sloan or there's something about that building that makes it ok. Way to go on taking the high road, but I was a little disappointed that the officiating and cheating wasn't brought up more since that was what really killed the momentum of the game.
This is the best team we've ever had and I always feel like on paper we can beat any team, anywhere, any night. Now having said, I always get nervous for every game because I know we can lose to any team, anywhere, any night. I like George Karl, and I'm grateful for how far he's taken us and how much he's helped Carmelo develop (not finished), but I don't think he's ever going to take us to the next level. I can't think of anyone to replace him, but in the meantime we can take comfort in the fact that the Jazz won't be going to that level either with Jerry Sloan in charge. Both are great regular season coaches but that inconsistancy is what kills both teams in the playoffs, and that boils down to coaching. (inconsistancy isn't a problem when you play Tracy 'First Round' McGrady every year.)
Those are my thoughts, and I'll probably talk about it some more after I stop throwing up.
Done and Done. Oh and Kali, I'm not sure I'm going to publish your comment so don't get your hopes up on me writing about your comment.
1 comment:
Thank you! You rock!
Post a Comment