So I've been pretty mellow the past few weeks. I've refused to talk about the election because I've talked about the issues for 2 years, and if you don't know where I stand then you don't know me at all.
(Oh and before I forget the only slightly less well-known blunder than never going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line is this: Never go against Mindy in racquetball the night before an election when a democrat is favored to win.)
There is one issue however that pisses the h*** out of me, and I'm going to rant about it for a while. Hang on though because this is a more important issue than you think. (Sorry for those of you with short attention spans, i.e. me, but please read on.)
So I'm starting a new asthma study and it's one that will help get a generic brand of a drug on the market. I was talking with the study supervisor and I mentioned how the last time I got an inhaler they didn't have any of the generic brands and so instead of $7 it cost me $32 even with insurance.
She then asked me if they told me why and then she said it was because of they aren't allowed to use chlorofluorocarbons in the inhalers anymore and the generic brands will take a while to catch up with the name brands. Chlorofluorocarbons deplete the OZONE! My medicine cost almost 5 times as much because of GLOBAL WARMING policies. Not only does it cost more it is a smaller container and the chlorofluorocarbons were the propellant and whatever they replaced it with doesn't work as well.
So before you blow me off for griping about a couple of bucks, which I don't care that much about because fortunately I don't need to use my inhaler that often, let me tell you why this such a huge problem. (By the way, I'm actually against Bush's prescription drug program that got them to $7 but that's because I don't believe government should be involved at all in health care.)
One of the greatest benefits of having a free market society brought about by the US constitution are the medical advancements that have occurred in the past 200 years. These types of environmental policies will set these advancements back or at least hinder any future developments and innovations.
The ones making these policies claim to care about individuals. They claim to care about the poor, and yet they make policies that make it hard for other drug companies to compete and drive down the costs of medications. They say they care about the people without insurance, and yet if they kept their hands out of it a lot of people would be able to afford the medicine without it.
Also, you remember how people think the only reason for DDT was to take the spots of our apples, and we didn't care about those spots because we like birds and bees better? Well, DDT is also a cheap way to control malaria outbreaks in Africa, but that's still no reason to kill birds.
The whole point behind this is the people who ban these things and pass legislation based on faulty conclusions (and a lot of outright lies) about the most unpredictable of the sciences could cause disastrous results for everyone else especially the poor. There is really no way to accurately predict the weather past 10 days and it's arrogant for us to believe we can really change the weather by passing laws to limit chlorofluorocarbons in INHALERS.
It's atheistic by nature to believe that we can control the weather, and trying to do that at the expense of the well being of mankind is, in my belief, outright evil. The Lord commanded us to take can of the things we have stewardship over, but we cannot let others convince us that we should care more about the environment then God's children.
All things in the earth will pass away but we are eternal beings and I think we have more responsibilities to take care of each other than to worry about the sea levels that may or may not rise.
I actually disagree with both candidates on their views on this, both support a cap and trade tax on carbons, but it will be much worse under Obama, and he has proven he has an utter disregard for human life, and I don't believe McCain will pass legislation on the environment in a bad economy.
Bottom line is this is just another way to redistribute the wealth and we all know how I feel about that. Please choose wisely and choose the things that will keep people free to choose, and not just between generic and brand name drugs.
Oh this commercial ticks me off too. Talk about scare tactics. Ticked. Ticked. Ticked. Ticked.
Monday, November 03, 2008
Hold on to Your Butts, I'm Ticked!
Posted by Kayce Around 9:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks Kayce! It is such a relief, but depressing to already hear them on the news talking about their new plan to change things. I am sure that the family will continue to be protected by small miracles.
I have to say I agree with you!!! I would also like to thank you for the clean use of language you used to title this post. What an improvement from a few years back! Good for you Kayce, good for you!
Just had to give you crap! I love you!
Post a Comment