Thursday, January 31, 2008

Someone Less Inspiring Julia Stiles

Warning. You are about to find out my political leanings. Like they were a big secret before, especially if any of you have met my brother, Jeremy.

I really don't like writing about politics, it's not as fun as the Rockies World Series blog I still need to write (I found a great video for it too), but I have been up sick to my stomach about this since Tuesday night, and I'm almost certain that I am taking crazy pills.

John McCain?!?! Really Florida?!?! John McCain of the McCain/Kennedy immigration reform bill that so many people called their representatives to oppose that the capitol's phone system was shut down?!?!

I also heard someone describe him as charismatic, and I heard him describe himself as inspiring, and that Mitt Romney was less than. Let's get this straight, his STORY is inspiring. The man? Well...you tell me if you don't think he's just a little fireball
ooozing with personality. That gold tie is a little flashy, and I will apologize because no one deserves to be in the same category as Julie Stiles on the inspirational issue. If you don't believe me go watch Save the Last Dance and The Prince and Me and see if you can muster up any emotion other than extreme hatred for the casting directors.

The other thing that really bothers me about this whole thing is that Giuliani is endorsing McCain. Does that make sense to anyone? I don't understand how someone like the mayor can base the majority of his campaign on an anti-spending platform and the most aggressive tax cut proposals of any of the other candidates, and then throws his full support behind the co-sponsor of a global warming bill that will cost tax payers 1.2 trillion dollars per year to lower co2 levels by .02 %.

I was watching the video of his official endorsement announcement and I had a few observations. Watch and then see if you agree with me.


Doesn't it look like McCain is holding a gun to Rudy's side? If we didn't see both of his hands at one time I would have believed it. Watch when Giuliani moves a little to the left McCain is leaning right with him. He even has that look in his eye, and he has the most nervous laugh when Giuliani says he'll help if Senator McCain wants him too. Then he keeps looking over Rudy's shoulder like he's checking his speech. Although he mostly does it after the phrase "50 states" is mentioned. It's almost as if he's saying, "50? Really? There's 50 now?"

Ok, I'm really sorry. I hate being a negative Nancy, but I'm just so disappointed with where the primary's are going. I started off with 5.5 candidates I could be happy about supporting (Ron Paul is the .5), and now I'm down to 1 I would be happy about supporting and 1 I support his abolition of the IRS but can't really get behind the no CIA or FBI thing. And then there are 2 candidates that I would really consider voting for Hillary Clinton instead of them.

I will end on an optimistic note because I really believe that everything will turn out alright in the end. I also think John McCain is a guy I wouldn't mind meeting and learning about his experiences (I'm really trying to think of nice things to say, it's so hard when I know his policies have been so bad.)

I can also feel good knowing that whoever I end up voting for next fall it will be a decision that I came to by learning all I could about each of the candidates. I'm now realizing why so many people hate politics, but I'm enjoying learning about how the greatest government on earth works, and occasionally doesn't work as well as I would like it to.

4 comments:

Jayme said...

I too, am tired of that two faced lying liberal masquerading as a conservative. Well said. P.S. Our family is out of control

Jenny and Josh said...

How are you researching each candidate? Newsweek etc.? Or do you know of some great websites I could be checking out? I am not thrilled with any candidate that is left. What do you think/know about Obama?
Jenny(Hadfield)Stout

Jamie said...

Sorry about Mitt - maybe in 2012? Hope you are having fun at home - see you when you get back!

k.young said...

Kayce, I am gonna need you to post something new for my reading pleasure. Thanks.

 

internet tracking stats
Denver Matchmaking